For camera calibration
The consumer electronics sector has been experiencing a boom in the ever-expanding offering of smartphones and tablets. Currently, practically every one of these devices features high-quality cameras. This trend is in turn creating increased challenges for manufacturers of such products who are faced with tough quality control requirements and are expressing a need for reliable test systems to ensure consistently high standards. A wide range of testing is required and may include setting or validating camera gain and offset, camera gamma and especially white point. In fact, most consumer and professional cameras need their white point verified for more than one type of illumination.
To meet market demand, GL Optic developed a programmable and uniform LED light source, the GL OPTI LIGHT LED 127. It uses the tried-and-tested JUST LED Technology (patent pending) to provide high stability, making it a flexible solution for luminance purposes. The system combines a set of LEDs with an integrating sphere. It features an analog control system and thermal stabilization in order to achieve remarkable color stability. A more advanced version of the programmable LED light is GL OPTI LIGHT LED 127 CLC, which apart from the above listed features is enriched with Closed Loop Calibration, which guarantees stable light emission without a single ripple.
The device can be controlled by a PC via a USB connection to create almost any color source. Alternatively, the settings can be adjusted with the LED control panel. The available GL OPTI LIGHT CONTROL PROFESSIONAL software is the recommended option which allows light coordinates to be preset according to the user’s needs. Several light source standards are also featured, including D50, D65, D75, A, and TL84.
WHO IS OUR SOLUTION FOR?
- manufacturers of products with all kinds of cameras
- manufacturers of digital devices using cameras in their systems
- scientists who are researching, evaluating, testing and improving technologies
GL OPTI LIGHT LED 127 CLC
- features a precise current control system combined with Closed Loop Calibration which ensures stable light emission without a single ripple – no flicker
- delivers very high uniformity ~ 1%
- has near perfect replication of light sources like D50, D65, D75, A, and TL84
- offers free selection of light spectra out of a color range bigger than sRGB
- provides stable conditions through a unique calibration method
- guarantees a very long LED lifetime due to active thermal stability
- is easy to set thanks to an intuitive LED control panel
GL OPTI LIGHT CONTROL PROFESSIONAL
- this software lets you program an GL Opti Light LED and set your own light programs
- allows light coordinates to be preset according to the user’s needs
- speeds up work and makes it more pleasant and effective
- SDK available on demand for easy system integration
Our products get along well with each other. You're not limited to one set of equipment. Choose the one that serves your needs.
If you want to know more about light measurement, products and solutions – visit our knowledge base.